Sunday, 3 November 2013
Tie Fighter Part 3
After creating the main shape of the wing I tried to inset the inner hexagon but this proved challenging to get the shape in proportion. So this ended up having to be a separate object again and the same went for the next hexagon inside but at a different angel. But in an attempt to save as many polygons as possible I used the cylinder portion of the arm to finish off the wing.
In a further attempt to save polygons and not use too many shapes the original hexagon shape was used on both the inside and outside of the wing by extruding and bevelling. Which worked very well.