Sunday 15 December 2013

A Quick Death Star Animation


I thought it might be fun to relive the destruction of Alderaan at the hands of the Death Star in a 3DS Max animation. I thought it would also be a good test for my abilities to see how much I could build in a few hours now as oppose to my first animation which has taken me 11 weeks. In fairness I have picked an animation that has no real models to build but models out of the equation my first animation still took around 3-4 weeks.


Considering the little amount of time I gave to build this I think it turned out quite well. The explosion effects could have been better but not bad for a first attempt. Also the sound is quite off, I resorted to slowing down the sound just to make it sort of fit the speed of the animation. Also I had trouble with the morph tool during this, I'm not sure what causes this but sometimes you cannot pick the object to morph it. The internet states this is usually due to vertices being too different but that can't have been it so that remains a mystery for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment