Thursday 14 November 2013

Lights, Camera, Render! Part 1

Today I've had a play around with the camera's and lights available in 3DS Max and was quite surprised by the quality and variety although it has made some issues apparent within my 3D models. First of all as you can see from the images below once the model is rendered horrible triangles appear on the surface and when the door is open you can see through the model!


To resolve this issue I chose to halve the object and mirror one side to the other as I found the mesh issues did not appear on the far side of the model then I simply mirrored the object. Initially this seemed to solve the problem but when attempting to fix the issue of seeing through the inside of the object I used the shell tool which thickens the object but this produced the mesh issue again, this time on the front of the image.


I'm not too sure what to do now so my next option may well be to create a few more planes inside the object to prevent seeing through it but I will check some more modifiers. But the goal is to make the inside of the crawler very dark for the droid to emerge from rather than detailed the entire inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment